Methods of collection of personally identifiable information
Beauty Formula Holdings Limited(collectively referred to as “Beauty Formula/ Our Company”) may collect your personally identifiable information via the following method(s):
- via the website operated by us, including https://www.face-collehge.com (collectively referred to as “Websites”);
- via social media platforms controlled by us (collectively referred to as “Social Media Platforms”);
- via third parties (e.g. authorized licensors, strategic business partners, landlords and franchisers) and other sources (e.g. public databases, marketing partners and relevant third parties)(collectively referred to as the “Platforms”)
Principles of collection of personally identifiable information
Beauty Formula respects the privacy of all individuals that use our Platforms. We endeavour to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personally identifiable information is carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”)) (hereinafter referred to as the “Ordinance”).
Types of personally identifiable information collected
The term “personally identifiable information” has the meaning as defined in the Ordinance. It refers to information that can identify you as an individual or associate you with an identifiable individual, including but not limited to your name, gender, age, and identification document number, phone number, fax number, residential address, email address, credit card information, education level, occupation, family income, hobbies and favourite activities, etc.
Purpose of collection and use of personally identifiable information (including but not limited to)
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of Products and Services to
- determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on our Products and Services
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Products and Services
- enabling us to store your personally identifiable information so as to prevent you from re-entering it each time you purchase and/or renew a Product or Service
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- direct marketing of our Products and Services
- direct marketing of the products and services of our business partners
- designing services for you
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Products and Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
- customizing our Platforms and its contents to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- auditing purposes
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personally identifiable information was originally collected
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personally identifiable information that is sent or posted to any part of our Platforms by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to our company on a no-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
From time to time, our company may use your personally identifiable information to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-app notifications, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone or mail. Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, Products and Services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by our company may be used by our company in direct marketing of our Products and Services and products and services offered by our business partners, including without limitation beauty, skincare and cosmetic products and services, which may be of interest to you.
You may decide to “opt in” to, or to “opt out” from, use by us of your personally identifiable information for promotional and marketing purposes. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribed link as provided by us. You can also write to us or send us an email. Any such request shall state clearly the relevant personally identifiable information that you would like to opt out for. Upon receipt of the request, we shall cease to use your personally identifiable information for the purpose of direct marketing as soon as possible without extra charges.
Beauty Formula, as with many other websites, makes use of “cookies” to help deliver a better customer shopping experience. Cookies are alphanumerical identification elements that we transfer to the hard drive of your computer via your web browser. They enable our systems to recognize your browser and to offer you value-added services, such as saving the contents of your shopping basket and to deliver a more personalized shopping experience.
The security and confidentially of your personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have committed to protect your personally identifiable information from any unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Retention of your personally identifiable information
We will not keep your personally identifiable information longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the information is or is to be used. Unless it is necessary to keep such information for other purposes and we have informed you of such other purposes at the time of collection of the personally identifiable information or obtained your consent.
Our company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the Ordinance.
Date of Last Revision: 15 Aug 2022